Jumping into the car on a winter morning, turning the key, the starter groaned, and the engine could not start. It was a terrible feeling.
This may mean that the battery is dead, but if your battery is low, you may only need to jumpstart the car and make it run again.
If you are not sure whether the battery power is causing the problem, you can click here to learn about a good way to test the battery. So what should we do to jumpstart a car?
Common ways to jumpstart a car
When the car battery is dead, the most common solution to jumpstart a car is to use a jumper cable and another car to start the battery.
jump start steps
1. park: Park the cars close to one another, without touching. Make sure both vehicles are completely off.
2. Prep: Pop the hoods, and locate the batteries. Make sure the jumper cables are unwound and untangled.
3. Attach: Hook the red (+) clamp to the positive terminal of the dead battery. Then, attach the red (+) clamp to the positive terminal of the working battery. Clamp the black (-) to the negative terminal of the working battery. Finally, attach the remaining black (-) to an unpainted metal surface of the dead car.
4. Start’er up: Start the working car. Start the dead car.
5. Remove: Remove the cables in the reverse order you attached them.
6. Let’er run: Let the revived car engine run for several minutes at least or drive for at least 15 minutes if possible.
If proper steps are not taken, there is no guarantee that this method will not cause damage to the vehicle. So there is a safer way to jumpstart a car
To jumpstart a car with a portable jump starter
Unlike traditional jumper cables, portable jump starters come with a built-in battery to give your car a boost without connecting to another power source. Even better. There are many kinds of car jump starters on the market, such as AUTOOL EM325. EM325 has three functions of charging, starting and welding.
How to use EM325
1) When starting the vehicle, press the “Charge/Start” button to the “Start” function.
2) When starting the high-power engine, it is best to charge the car battery for about 15 minutes before starting.
3) When starting the diesel engine, the spark plug should be warmed up before starting.
4) When connecting the clamp, connect the negative pole first, and then the positive pole.
EM325 is a very efficient and convenient jump starter, compared to the jumper cable will also be more secure, if you want to learn more about the product information, you can watch the following video